We’re so excited to be partnering with Special K who have challenged us to reimagine our New Year’s resolutions with some delicious and interesting breakfast recipes! Each year there are loads of new food trends, and we have chosen some of our favourites to inspire our breakfast dishes. You can see more recipes from Australia’s top food bloggers and the food trends from Liz Lyons on the Special K website (http://www.specialk.com.au/en_au/home-page.html).
In 2017 we’re saying hello to bowls, packed with healthy goodness! They are so easy to make and beautiful too – you can arrange lots of yummy toppingswith colour and texture for a delicious, healthy breakfast. A sprinkle of turmeric, and you have the perfect breakfast to enjoy every day! This golden hued spice is delicious in everything from curries to lattes and is said to have a string of health benefits.
Whipped cinnamon yoghurt bowl with turmeric and forest berry crunch
- 300g natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 scant tsp ground turmeric
- 2/3 cup Special K forest berry
- 125g raspberries
- a passionfruit, to garnish
- Whisk together yoghurt and cinnamon and place in bottom of small bowls, smooth out the top
- Neatly decorate top of bowl with each topping separately – Special K Forest Berry, raspberries, fruit of your choice and a sprinkling of turmeric