What better way to spend Australia Day than by showcasing some of our most delicious native ingredients. As many of us will be crowding around a BBQ cooking up some Aussie favourites like Beef, Lamb and Prawns, we’ve come up with a native Aussie spice mix that will suit almost anything you’re throwing on the Barbie! You can find Native Aussie spices in most super markets and delis these days but if you want to purchase a wide variety you can head over to http://www.oztukka.com.au/ and shop online or look up stockists. Happy BBQing!
- 500g Diced Australian lamb
- Australian extra virgin Olive oil
- Murray River pink Sea salt
Native Aussie Spice mix
- 1 tbs ground Aussie Bush tomatoes
- 1 tbs Ground dried lemon myrtle
- 1 tbs dried ground pepper leaf
- Mix all spices together to make Aussie spice mix.
- Marinate diced lamb with spice mix and approximately 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Let marinate for at least one hour, preferably 4 hours in the fridge. Remove 1 hour before cooking to reach room temp. and skewer meat onto bamboo skewers.
- Fire up your BBQ or grill to a high heat. Cook lamb till caramelised on all sides.
- Take off the heat and serve on a platter with a good seasoning of sea salt, and extra drizzle of olive oil. Allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.